The Health Foundation commissioned the Institute of Health Equity to examine progress in addressing health inequalities in England, 10 years on from the landmark study Fair Society, Healthy Lives (The Marmot Review).
Led by Professor Sir Michael Marmot, the review explores changes since 2010 in five policy objectives:
- giving every child the best start in life
- enabling all people to maximise their capabilities and have control over their lives
- ensuring a healthy standard of living for all
- creating fair employment and good work for all
- creating and developing healthy and sustainable places and communities.
For each objective the report outlines areas of progress and decline since 2010 and proposes recommendations for future action, setting out a clear agenda at a national, regional and local level.
Find out more
To hear more about the Health Foundation's work, go to our preference centre where you can sign up to receive email updates on topics including the social determinants of health, inequalities and public health.