- The business team starts work at 6.30am-7am every day.
- Section editors conference at 8am.
- Very quick business conference at 8.15am to work out what stories are needed for the front end of the paper and business section.
- Print deadline is 11am.
- Mornings are very hectic - so no incoming calls and pitches unless they are relevant to that day's edition.
- The afternoon or evening before is the best time to flag something up to the Standard.
- Welcome off the record chats with CEOs (typically FTSE 100 & FTSE 250).